The Biden-Harris Administration recently announced climate adaptation and resilience plans for more than 20 federal agencies. The plans were developed by each agency and are available through the Whitehouse website.
The agency plans focus on:
- Safeguarding federal investments by identifying programs and missions most at risk from climate change.
- Identifying leadership and accountability by identifying senior leadership and creating accountability structures to ensure top-down adaptation and resilience leadership.
- Developing a more resilient supply chain by updating supply chain policies and operations to create a more climate-resilient system.
- Enhancing protections for workers and communities by providing for implementing better support for workers vis-à-vis the impacts of climate change.
- Building a more equitable future by providing for actions that support President Biden’s environmental justice objectives.
The Council on Environmental Quality and the Office of Management and Building are seeking public comments on the plans. Interested parties can submit comments online until November 6, 2021.